How to spot opportunity? It’s easy. Look for:
- Trends that represent NEEDS for pet owners. These include health issues and risks, medical conditions, pet lifestyle issues and more. What is on pet owners’ minds and how can your practice help?
- "Gaps" or unmet needs in your local marketplace. What is your competition NOT providing?
- Underserved pet owner segments. Are there groups of pets that are not getting served as well as they could? Could this represent an opportunity for your practice?
- Lacking services. What do local thought leaders and referral sources say is missing from the local veterinary landscape?
- Practice expertise and interests. How can your practice leverage veterinarian and staff interests and expertise into opportunity?
Once your practice has identified a market OPPORTUNITY, it then has a FOCUS for targeting marketing efforts.
Pursuing a particular market opportunity is MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE than trying to be everyone to everybody. You will get:
- Greater return on marketing efforts
- Better use of resources
- Ability to MEASURE results
- Rallying point for veterinarians and staff
- Ability to carve out a specialized service area for the practice
See list of related presentation topics below. We are happy to make a presentation to your practice or provide you with a pdf. Contact .
- Little steps, big marketing decisions
- My cats are my kids – the new rules of marketing when Fluffy & Fido are Family
- Avoiding the 10 biggest marketing money pits
- Engaging pet owners by adopting a market-driven mission
- Marketing strategies for a new era of veterinary medicine
- Old marketing fundamentals still apply in the Twitter and Tweet world